November 15, 2008

Are FREE Online Apps Worth the Price?

Let's face it, we ALL love *FREE* online applications. I'll be the first to admit that when I hear/read/see the tags, 'free' and 'online app' I start to hyperventilate. No seriously! LOL I click on that link so fast that my index finger can now lift the front end of a VW Bug without a problem. I immediately bookmark the website to my Diigo list even before the page has fully loaded. I invest time, resources, and blood, sweat, and tears into a FREE online app.

And then, inevitably, it happens. My internet is down, perhaps due to 'someone' hitting a deer which then runs into an electrical pole (no, I'm not saying who, but let's put it this way -- my body shop guy should give me a free pass, just like a Dunkin' Donuts card, 'buy 6, get the 7th free' -- not that I'm counting and not that I'm saying that I'm at the 7th one, and not that I'm saying who hit the deer!LOL). Maybe my internet is not down, but I'm at a friend's house up the road who still only has dial-up (yes, YOU know who I'm talking about!) and therefore the thought of even venturing forth on the cyber-highway sends shivers down my spine (and not in a good way). Or maybe....GASP!...the application website itself is down! And the latter is the one that I'm seeing happening more and more frequently.

I'm going to start investing my time in *FREE* online applications which provide an 'offline' option. If you've got an online application that has an offline component to it, please leave a comment below.

0 comments: