Never was one for chain mail, or those pesky 'forwarded' e-mails that list EVERYONE's e-mail addresses until you finally scroll down to the three lines of actual content. BUT, since I've been 'tagged' by fellow DENer and SLer, I'll make an exception (lucky you! LOL)
I’ve been tagged by Unklar (aka Mark Dunk) to contribute to this meme. The idea is that you share 7 things about yourself that would be unknown to your readers. Here are the rules:
Link your original tagger(s), and list these rules on your blog.
Share seven facts about yourself in the post - some random, some weird.
Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs and/or Twitter and/or Plurk.
1. I grew up an Army brat (and proud of it!) and attended excellent DoD (Department of Defense) Schools in Germany. I was part of the Letter Girls (think cheerleaders, but doing half-time shows) and traveled to every football game around Germany. On one trip to Stuttgart I decided to call my parents on a whim, ran out of money half-way through the call and thought nothing of it. That is until the military police stopped the football game in the first half and announced that they were looking for me over the loudspeakers! Yes, all ended well and I did not develop a police record!
2. I have a fear of driving over bridges (I unclip my seatbelt just in case we go over and I have to make a speedy escape out of the car). I swear that in a prior life I must have drowned.
3. In 8th grade I broke a large glass container of Kool-Aid in the kitchen (military quarters). My parents weren't home and I figured if I cleaned it up they would be none the wiser. So I got out the vacuum cleaner and was thrilled at how well it just sucked all that Kool-Aid up -- until it started spewing out the rear and all over the walls! I wiped down the walls and put the vacuum away figuring I had cleverly covered up my mishap. Uhhh...at least until my mother pulled out the vacuum the next day to do some cleaning herself. There went my babysitting money! LOL
4. I have an addiction -- buying tech toys. No seriously! My husband knows to buy me a tech toy instead of a bouquet of flowers. One year he purchased an external hard drive for my birthday which I wore as a necklace for a day! LOL And if I had to choose between a pair of shoes (mind you, my current shoe count is over 100) and a tech toy, the tech toy wins hands down!
5. Although now an accomplished chef, in my 20s the ONLY thing I could cook for company was cold cumcumber soup and tacoes. If you came for dinner more than once, well............ LOL
6. My favorite breakfast (besides a Turkish breakfast) is a salami and provolone sandwich slathered with mayo on white bread so fresh and soft it sticks to the roof of your mouth.
7. I'm really a cat person, although we own two great German shepherds.
That wasn't too bad...... Now, I challenge the following people to repeat this process. Be sure to include the initial instructions, your 7 Things, and a list of 7 more people including links to their blogs or websites.
2. Linda George
3. Nancy White
4. Karen Brooks