January 02, 2009

New Year's Resolutions? NOT!!!

I can't even begin to tell you how relaxed and stress-free my first few days of 2009 have been. Was it because I was relaxing on a white sand beach, gazing out over crystal blue waters, while a cool breeze....OK...enough with the fantasizing! Next thing you know, I'll be commenting on the cabana boy and the drinks! LOL

Actually, 2009 is proving to be relaxed and stress-free because I have decided NOT to make any resolutions this year. That's right....you heard me correctly -- NO RESOLUTIONS! That means there are no expectations, no guilt, no devious excuses...

Instead, I'm taking the opposite approach -- rather than a laundry list of 'todo' items I've decided to create a list of 'DONE' items for 2009. Rather than watching a list get smaller as items are checked off, I'll be watching my list grow. And come December, I won't be glumly staring at a list of 'failures', but rather at a list of achievements.

I think this might become a new trend, don't you?

0 comments: